Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix 506e w/cisco 1720 router

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrgrassi

MIS
Feb 5, 2004
US
Hi All!

I am a newbie, and I have been tasked with setting up a PIX 506e at our satellite office. I am here now and ready to go crazy. The router was set up to pass all info, but in doing so, the people here changed their IP scheme to public addressing. I need to change that. I have configured the 506e with the proper addresses, but I cannot ping from inside the firewall to the internet. I can ping the router with the "ping outside" command and can ping all PC's with the "ping inside" command. Is there a way to add a gateway look up for the 506? Currently the PC's are using the IP of the router as the gateway.

Thanks!

Ralph Grassi

rrgrassi

Do you have a route command added into the PIX?

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <IP Of Router Connected To PIX> 1

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

Yes, I do now, but still not able to ping out.

Thanks for your help!

rrgrassi

The IP you used for the router is the IP of the interface connected to the PIX, correct?

As far as the default gateway being the Cisco, you would set that up on the machine giving out the DHCP.

CCNA

Thanks for all the help guys. I was able to locate our contract and called Cisco Tech Support. I had two lines of code wrong, and the Cisco documents I have seen never mentioned "clear xlate" and "clear arp". It is all up and running!

Thanks again!

Ralph Grassi

rrgrassi

Awesome.. will keep that in mind next time this situation comes up. Thanks.

CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back