Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIx 506e connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

djf912

MIS
Jul 4, 2003
US
Ok, this is weird. Keep in mind that I've set up many 501's and have never had anything like this happen. All I'm trying to do is use a tftp server to uprade to version 6.3 and pdm 3.0. I have the pix directly connected via a crossover cable. I can ping the pix from the pc, but I cannot ping the pc from the pix. Cisco TAC hasn't been helpful to this point. They replaced the pix with a different one and that one didn't even boot up. It turned out to be a bad power supply. They sent me a replacement for the power supply and the new pix booted up fine. However, the same problem on that one. It's very strange that I cannot get a ping response on the firewall when pinging the pc. I tried it using the outside interface as well.

Any suggestions?

Have you double checked the netmask on both systems and the routes?

Yeah, I've double checked all of that. It's very weird and very disturbing that I'd have a problem like this and that so far Cisco has had no answers for me. Somebody on another forum mentioned that if I have Cisco VPN Client installed, I need to uncheck the Stateful Firewall even if I'm not connected at the time. I don't have access to the firewall for another couple of hours. Does that seem like it be the problem?

Figured out what it was. I have the Cisco VPN Client 3.6 installed on the pc that I was using. I didn't realize that the built in firewall to the software is active and running even when the vpn client isn't in use. Thanks for your insight.

I think you should stop cisco vpn service if you use Windows OS and Cisco vpn client 3000 software.
I tried with the same problem.
I have a PC install Cisco VPN client 3000 and I try to ping another PC, but I can't. Some PC I can ping, but a little. when I stop cisco vpn service, I can ping anywhere.

use command: net stop cvpnd.

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back