Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX 506 can connect through but cannot access the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

angels1

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2003
US
My pix device was running fine for about 3 weeks sine configured I have installed the VPN client on my machine and am able to authenticate at the firewall I can also ping the firewall I was until 2 day ago able to connect to anything on the network but now all I can do is authenticate and go no further I cannot ping any other device on the network or telnet int the device I tried a reload but that had no effect any suggestions thanks for help

Question: Does your client have a "real" IP or are you behind another firewall when connecting?

It should work, assuming the tunnel comes up ok, if you have a real IP. If you have a private IP it will connect but you will not be able to pass traffic because the PIX does not support IPSec over TCP yet. PIX code 7.x is supposed to support this.

My client has real ip when connecting

Can you post the config (minus passwords and IP's of course)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back