Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX 501 to PIX 501 PDM Copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RishMaster

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2002
CA
I have one PIX 501 with 3DES and PDM, and another PIX 501 without either. How can I copy from one PIX to another? TFTP? What are the commands and where can I find the program? Will the 3DES and PDM transfer? Thanks.

Rishi.

To get a copy of the pdm down to a local PIX, telnet to the PIX, get into enable mode and type
copy tftp flash:pdm
You will have to specify the version of the pdm, for instance, pdm-101.bin or pdm-112.bin.

If you do not have a copy of the pdm on a tftp server, you will probably be able to do a copy flash:pdm tftp to put it there from the PIX that has it. I'm not sure, I haven't tried it.

You will also need to make sure at least DES is enabled. You cannot simply copy (3)DES from the existing box. If it isn't enabled you will need to copy a new vesion of the PIX IOS, and then enter the new license key when prompted to. The DES key is freely available from Cisco.com if you have a CCO login. Click on 'Software Center', 'Cisco Secure Software', 'Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Software'. Then you will see a link for a free DES key.

-gbiello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back