Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix 501 PDM update

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpaverd

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
US
I am sure that many have experienced this... I acquired a Pix 501 about 8 months ago and the PDM (V 3.02)gave me the Java Access control error... went back to command line.

A couple of months ago I got another Pix and of course this (V3.03) has addressed the PDM issue. I have registered and searched the Cisco website to try to find the update software that will allow me to bring the older version up to the newer level, thus fixing the issue - without luck - I seem to get circular references back to the Pix V 7 software.

Does anyone know where I can download this software (or a fix) from the Cisco site or from anywhere...??

Much appreciated in advance

Astonishgly frustrated at the Cisco website - it is like reading IBM mainframe manuals in the bad old day 25 years ago!

Richard

You download PDM from the following link:

However you need to be registered on the Cisco website to access it. If you are a Cisco partner, this should be relatively straightforward.

If you are a customer, I'd either request the file from your supplier or request access via your supplier.

Thanks KiskoKid,

I am registerered and this is the location on the Cisco site that I have been coming back to time after time... Unfortunately there does not seem to be any link to downloadable software on it!

At least on the view of this page that I get, the only active links are a red-outlined box specifying HW/SW requirements and:
Guide for Cisco PIX 6.2 and 6.3 Users Upgrading to Cisco PIX Software Version 7.0
Release Note
Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software Release Designations
PIX 515/515E Memory Upgrade Bulletin for PIX Software v7.0
Password Recovery Procedure for the PIX
PIX 7.x Interim Releases

None of these links point to a PDM download. Is it possible that my profile is not showing the dowload links?

Thanks

Richard

No, it does not accept my registration - only available to Cisco users with service contracts.

Very annoying.

I may actually write to Cisco claiming that they have sold a defective product and have a duty to fix it without the user incurrng further costs of a service contract. Don't know how far that will go, however...!

Thanks very much for the assistance KiscoKid. I really appreciate it.

Richard

Hi,

Kiscokid is spot on, I downloaded the 3.0(4) yesterday as recommended by a cisco engineer with regards to a TAC case. Was told this is the most stable 3.0(x) vesion.

Lee

LEEroy
MCNE6,CCNP,CWNA,CCSA,Project+

Unfortunately I do not have access to the download site...

You have to have a valid smartnet contract attached to your CCO login ID. That's the only way you can download stuff from Cisco.

In other words they produce a faulty application and then charge you to fix it! Not very customer friendly...

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back