Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix 501 Mapping Static Port down tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilot1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2001
US
What static mapping statements would I use to get traffic for certain ports to get down tunnel to remote site. I am using PIX 501 at head end. I have a Mail and Web server at remote end behind an 831 Router. There is nothing connected to the inside interface of the pix physically. I tried to use this mapping statement to get it to work with no luck - static (inside,ouside) tcp 207.224.xx.xx 255.255.255.255 0 0. The network behind the 831 is the 192.168.5.0 subnet. Of course I have the usual access-list being applied to the outside interface as access-list 103 permit tcp any host 207.224.xx.xx eq www. This is a different because the device I am trying to get the ports 25 and 80 to is not physically connected to the pix, but it is at the other end of the tunnel behind 831.

Thanks as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back