Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PivotTable Summing/Totals Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprunkard

Technical User
Oct 29, 2004
US
I have a data sheet that I am trying to create a PivotTable from. I have the following Columns:
Campaign|Client| Date |Price|ClientLeads|Revenue
(Text) (Text)(mm/dd/yy) ($) (#) ($)

I want the PivotTable to look like this:

Month (Using Grouped Dates)
Client1
Campaign1 $4.00 10 (Sub) $40.00(Sub)
$5.00 2(Sub) $10.00(Sub)
Campaign2 $4.00 2(Sub) $ 8.00(Sub)
Client Totals 15(Total) $58.00(Total)

When I set the PivotTable up all I get is this:

Month (Using Grouped Dates)
Client
Campaign1 $4.00 2 $ 8.00(Sub)
3 $12.00(Sub)
5 $20.00(Sub)
$5.00 2 $10.00(Sub)
Campaign2 $4.00 2 $ 8.00(Sub)
Client Totals $58.00(Total)

First, how can I get just the sum of the ClientLeads next to the Prices?
Second, how can I get the total ClientLeads per Client next to the Client Total Revenue?
Another thing that I’m pulling my hair out over; When I group the dates, my drop list and what appears once a month is selected is formatted mmm, I would like to have mmmm; the full month name. I have tried reformatting the dates in the original data sheet and I have tried using the Number… formatting in the PivotTable and the cell that the PivotTable drop down list is in. Nothing works.

Hi,

"how can I get just the sum of the ClientLeads next to the Prices?"

In PTs the summary totals are to the right and bottom. You can shift ROW items within the ROW AREA, COLUMN items within the COLUMN AREA or DATA items within the DATA AREA. You cannot INSERT or DELETE within a PT.

The only option you might have is to us a forumla to get a summary total to the RIGHT or ABOVE the PT.

With Group and Outline - GROUP for dates, it never mattered to me that the MONTH notations were mmm format. That seems set in stone, AFAIK. If you need full month format, put them ABOVE the PT using a LOOKUP and hide the rows with the offending formats.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back