Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pivot Table Breaks and Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

griftr1

Programmer
Sep 1, 2004
US
Here's what I need to do... I have to create a pivot chart that breaks down the data about 4-5 times. At each break, I want to total/average the columns (which is very easy to do) and also show a the percentage of one totalled column as compared to the break above it.

Example:

Code:
GroupA  DeptA   SkillA    $10    %50
                SkillB    $10    %50
                Totals:   $20    %20
        DeptB   SkillA    $80    %100
                Totals:   $80    %80
        Totals:           $100   %100
So in groupA, deptA spends %20 of the total, and in deptA, skillA accounts for %50 of the total.

I've tried Price/Sum(Price, Group), but that just gives a percentage based on group. I need a variable break... so for the skill I need:

Price/Sum(Price, [Group, Dept])

For the dept total:

Price/Sum(Price, [Group])

So... first, is there a way to tell the column that you are currently in? That way I could just run a loop and create the second argument dynamically. Second... is there a Brio variable that automatically has the breaks in it? So I could just do something like:

Price/Sum(Price, BrioBuiltInBreaks)

?

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back