Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pivot challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

is1ma1il

MIS
Feb 15, 2002
US
I have a pivot table where the drop PAGE field which in the sheet covers a1 and b1, the drop Column is also in column B. But in the pull down menu for the drop PAGE i want to be long maybe covering 3-4 columns as i can expand the column width but this also expand the drop column so looks funny any suggestions

Thanks...

sorry - don't think this is possible

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?[/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

Nope, it's not! Because the only way to do that would be to Merge Cells and that won't work with a pivot field!

You could try clicking on the Field Name and then pressing Shift & -> until you have marked as far as you want the field to be wide and then select Format->Cells.... Set the Horizontal Alignment to "Center across selection".

This will make the text that appears in the field fit into a wider range of cells, but it won't expand the filed so that the drop-down arrow is in the right place. It doesn't look to pretty, so I would suggest against it.

Sorry!

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back