Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pipeline 85 DHCP doesn't route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2002
US
Using a Pipeline85 on a dial up ISDN line. Connection is working and ISP says their systems show issuing an IP address to my router but I cannot ping out from the router or get traffic to route. ISP cannot ping the address they assigned. Assigned IP address does not show in the routing table.

If IP address is hardcoded into the routers routing table, router will route traffic, ISP can ping my router and I can ping theirs. Anyone encountered this before, any know issues.

NAT is required to do what you are asking. Are you configured for NAT? If so you can do a napt command at the diagnostics command to find out what IP address you were assigned. To do this, goto diagnostics mode by entering Ctrl-D, then D=diagnostics (you must have full access rights). Then at the > prompt, type napt. Look for your IP address near the top of the output.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back