Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pioneer A06 issue reading DVD-R's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyBoy01

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
AU
Hi peoples,

Hope this is in the right group. But I've used a Pioneer A06 DVD burner for about a year now on Windows XP using Nero software. I was able to burn DVD and DVD-R's fine until a few weeks ago. Now it will onyl read/copy original DVD's. Everytime I insert a DVD-R disc and try to browse that disc is continues to prompt me to insert a disc. The particular disc's being used are Princo and have been working fine for a long time now.

Would this be a setting/media/configuration issue ??

I've even re-installed XP and Nero software which didn't change anything.

Thanks in advance,

D-Boy01

Try this:

1) Shutdown the PC and detach the burner from the IDE cable
3) Restart Windows XP
4) Make sure the burner is not listed anywhere in Device Manager
5) Uninstall Nero
6) Reboot
7) Reinstall Nero
8) Shutdown and reattach the burner

If that doesn't work, consider using a System Restore point from before the problem started happening.

Or, it could be a corrupted ASPI layer of some kind.

1) Go here to get an ASPI check tool:
ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspichk.exe

2) Go to this site and scroll down to the "Registry Settings" section making sure you have the right ones for XP:

3) If it turns out that you need to mess with ASPI, go here to install version 4.72 which is safe for XP:
ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspi_v472.exe

Hope something here helps!
[thumbsup2]

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind";
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back