Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pin code for call routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FocusTechnology

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2012
GB
Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible to have Voicemail Pro follow a route based on a pin number.
This is the scenario...

Customer calls in.
VM Pro says welcome to xyz, please enter your pin code to proceed.
Customer enters pin code (ideally unique for each customer)
Call then goes to a menu or transfers to extension.

I see with the PIN on the Generic Tab this is required before the announcement, i could put an announcement module before this but i dont want the standard voice asking for the pin to be entered.

Any guidance much appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

How many different PIN codes are you going to need? Both Variable Routing and Test Variable can be used to test the caller's input, and you can create your own menu action with a customer recording requesting the PIN, accepting the input, and then routing based on matching or not the various PINS that you have preprogrammed.

Ideally a unique one per customer.
If not then two depending on which category they fit into.
For example pin 1 allows transfer between certain hours and pin 2 allows transfer between other hours.

You're not answering the question: How many different PIN codes are you going to need?

This will become unmanageable if you are talking hundreds or thousands, at that point you would want to do a database dip to validate PINs instead of using Variable Routing withing the VMPro call flows

Hi TouchToneTommy,

Lets says no more than 20 at this point.

Thanks
Andy

checkpin_i4cwm6.jpg

Menu with recording to prompt caller to enter their Pin followed by #. $ for the Touch Tones takes any length of input

Variable Routing can have up to 15 different strings to match. If more than 15, connect No Match to another Variable Routing action to check strings 16 through 30. Final Variable Routing table No Match maybe start over instead of disconnect, and each matching string transfers to the appropriate destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back