Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pie Charts in Reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olddogg1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2005
CA
Hi Guys...

Here is what I'm attempting to accomplish with Access:

I am an investment representative. Currently, I have a database that contains all of the holding's of my clients respectively. All of the holdings are seperated by asset class. I want to generate a report for individual clients that shows a pie chart illustration. The size of the pie pieces are determined by their percentage of different holdings in different asset classes. Each pie chart will be different and will change daily with the market values of the respective holdings.

Any suggestions?

Jon

Well, you can do pie charts in access. Check out the wizard under reports, "New/Chart".

However, I personally don't like them. They don't like as nice and tend to be hard to use when compared to Excel. For my users, I provide data that they can export into Excel and then make much nicer charts and graphs than what I can do in Access.

I think Access charts offer most of the functionality generally needed. There is a sample download at "Report with chart using 2 link fields".

There is another report in the At Your Survey application at
Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back