Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pie Chart not Functioning (2linked fields)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olddogg1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2005
CA
Hi Everyone, Thanks for the help....

PROBLEM:

-Pie chart not functioning. It is not visible when I try to add my child/master fields in the properties section of the pie option.

ORIGIN:

- I had the report (and pie chart) working perfectly last week with a different table acting as the recordsource for the report. I changed the table and some of the field names; however, none of the structure has changed. All I did was manually edit all SQL, properties, modules, etc., to accomodate the new table and field names.

TRIAL AND ERROR:

- I've played around with some things, especially the CHILD/MASTER link properties. If I only include the first original field in the CHILD/MASTER links (which is a long integer unique to each report/client) then the report prints with the Pie Chart VISIBLE; however, the sorting is not inline with the report. Therefore, the PIE GRAPH in this particular case is incorrect.

-If I add the second field name into the CHILD/MASTER links (just like I had before????) then the report prints with the PIE GRAPH NOT VISIBLE.

--------------------------------------------------------

If you need anymore information let me know. I found a couple of FAQ's pertaining to the issue, but none seem to be of any use just yet.

I'm positive it is something I've just slipped over, some guidance would be much appreciated.

THANKs

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back