Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pictures turn to zip files when sent to internet email addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

troman

Programmer
May 21, 2001
US
When I create an email using HTML the pictures do not show up in the document but as individual zip files? I have also tried to send it as RTF.

Do you mean when you are composing an email..and you just go to Insert? Make sure that you are going to Insert->Image and not Insert->File.
If you are doing this correctly, what do you mean by the pictures come in as individual zip files? Are they attachments or files on your desktop or something?? Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

We are creating a "newslteer" in Html format (created in FrontPage) I then pull it in as stationary......(I have also tried copying and pasting and making it a "Word" file.) When I send it most people get it ok ...Internet address get the text and blank boxes where the pictures should go. Each picture is atteached to the email as a zip file.

Well, I think the problem is outta your hands, when users recieve the mail ok, that means that you are doin it ok. And the users that dont receive it properly, thats just the Plain Text, or options in the Internet mail.
I also send a news letter, and at first I sent it in HTML, which I thought (and still think) is great, but too many people couldnt recieve it properly, so I had to (reluctently) compose the mail in Plain Text, I new then that each receipiant would get the mail as I intended. Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

We figured it out.....You have to post the pictures on your web somewhere and reference them from there in your HTML....looks great too

Yes, that'll work so long as people don't want to access your newsletter offline. It depends a bit on how big the files are but I would suggest you may be better off embedding the image AND attaching the image files. Gets tricky, doesn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back