Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pictures in Oracle Forms and Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgswofford

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2004
US
Database is Oracle 10.2.0.3
Developer (forms and reports) is 9.0.4.0

I have a database that has 4 blob columns. Photo_1, Photo_2, Photo_3, and Photo_4.

I have a form that has the respective image boxes Photo_1, Photo_2, Photo_3, and Photo_4. Each image box is bound to the respective database column.

I have a button under each box that loads the pictures into the respective boxes. I can open up the form and load pictures into image box 1, 2, 3, and 4 and see all 4 pictures on the form on the monitor.

Here is the code that loads the picture. Each button points to the respective box on the form: photo_1, photo_2, photo_3, photo_4.

begin
read_image_file:)myform.file_target,'JPG','myform.photo_1');
end;

The problem is that after I save the data and refresh the form (requery the database), it only returns a picture in box 1 (the last picture loaded in the form). I have set up a webpage to see all 4 boxes and it only retrieves a picture for box 1 and it's always the last picture that I load. Even if I only load one picture into the form and save it, it always shows up in box 1 on the form when I requery the record and also in box 1 on the webpage (regardless of which box on the form I loaded the picture into). If I load one(1) picture into box 4 and save the record. It appears in box 1 after requery and on the web page.

It appears that the database or the form is only putting the pictures into the first blob column in the database even though each image box is pointing to their respective database item column.

I have attached a word document with screen shots.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leonard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back