Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pictures in Command Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecreator

Programmer
Mar 1, 2004
JP
Hello everybody,

I have an Access 97 form and on that form a command button. I want to add an image that is available within the picture builder but want to change that image based on other selections on the form.

I know how to do this if I use an image path like C:\MyImage.bmp ... I can just alter the path. But what is the path when I use the images that Access offers me when I go Properties => Format => Picture and then detail out and select an image from the "Available Pictures" WITHOUT browsing (hope this makes sense).

I've tried the knowledge base with no success ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Peter K

Hi,

I have tried many times to work this one out, but without success.

What I do is cheat instead, and just create two buttons, and make one visible at a time. This is fine if you have only 2 possible pictures, but for more, not sure.

Dean.

use this, in an event :-

Me.YourButton.Picture = "C:\CusBut3.bmp" <==path to the bitmap

Be ALERT - Your country needs Lerts

Hi Scottian,

Yes .. that is correct if you know the path. But I want to use the images that Access offers me in the "Available Pictures" and I cannot find a path anywhere.

I would guess that they are icon bitmaps but I still haven't been able to locate that path anywhere. Perhaps they are wrapped in a DLL somewhere ??

Any more clues ??

Ta,

Peter K

I think you're correct. my assumption is that they are stored in the 'Mscreate.dir' file
my only suggestion is that you create your own directory by copying the images and pasting each one into its own bitmap, then store them all in a folder that is bundled with the db.

Be ALERT - Your country needs Lerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back