Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pictures displaying on a Form - Referencing thread702-289543

Status
Not open for further replies.

piovesan

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
CA
thread702-289543

Hi there... I was following along the much loved thread indicated above and it was working fine for me but I ended up getting the same run-time error 2220 that "realflava" indicated on 12-Apr-04 6:25 Realflava seemed to have found what the issue was, but I can't seem to find if he/she mentioned how the error was fixed.... I am getting this error.... can anyone help?
Thanks!

How are ya piovesan . . .

scriverb said:
[blue]12 Apr 04 10:04 ...

Now as for [purple]Error 2220[/purple], this was is described as: [purple]Microsoft Access can't open the file '|'.@@@1@@1[/purple][/blue]

Apparently one of the files is locked by another application or process. Gotta stop the process or close the other application.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]
Also FAQ181-2886 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]

As far as I can tell, there is nothing else running...

piovesan . . ..

Is the debugger stopping on a line?

See Ya . . .

That is a pretty old thread. No reason to do most of that anymore since 2007 came out with a bound image control. Lets you store a text path and it renders it automatically. Most important is that it functions in a continuous form or report. Impossible using that code to do that.

piovesan . . .

I believe if you had 2007 or higher you would've already found out about the post by [blue][blue]MajP[/blue][/blue]. I assumed your working with pre 2007 considering the age of the reference. So ... for the record ... what version are you working with? ... and is this settled?

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya . . .

I believe if you had 2007 or higher you would've already found out about the post by MajP
I am not certain about that. This was a pretty big improved capability when it came out, but at the same time there was very little documentation on this. I always thought that was strange. I often see people using pre-2007 techniques unaware of the image enhancements that came in 2007.

Hi there! Thanks for replying!! I am using MS Access 2010.... and I am not aware of any "new" way of doing this.... can someone walk me though it?
Thanks!

I don't see an "attachment" data type... I see a "hyperlink" data type....

and I am not aware of any "new" way of doing this
As I stated prior to 2007 there was no such thing as a "bound image control". With a bound image control you can set the image control, control source to a field that has a file path stored as text. It will render that image without the need for any code. Works in a continuous form or report. I assume you are not storing the image in the database, based on the post you referenced, and no need for an attachment field. If you want to store the image in the database then use an attachment field to limit the size of the db.

To All . . .

MajP said:
[blue]As I stated prior to 2007 there was no such thing as a "bound image control" ...[/blue]

But there was a thing called a [blue]Bound Object Frame[/blue]. It used [blue]OLE[/blue] and was the only way to display graphics in a continuous form. And although the OLE type (embedded or linked) caused bloating of the file, its good to see MS has taken care of this problem ...

See Ya . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back