Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PicturePlus Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCarona

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
US
I am the membership officer for a local organization. I have built a membership database using Approach 3.0. I want to include a picture of each member when I view their biographic data on a form. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this? When I put a PicturePlus Field on the form while in design, I can't copy a picture in the box. I have found a Products.APR in the samples directory that installed with 3.0 that does this, but I just can't figure out how to do it.

You need to import the pic, while you are in browse mode, you need to put the pic in the field, so the field must be a pic plus field.

hope this helps.

Thanks for your quick response! I am not sure I follow what you suggest. I want to associate a picture with a record.

I can only put a pic plus field in the form when I am in design. When I try to import the picture [file - import...] it asks me for a .dbf file and will not accept when I try to select a .jpg or .bmt. file.

When I simply copy the picture into the form it does not associate itself with that particular record.

I hope I am explaining myself clearly. Hope you can help.

You create the PicturePlus field in Design mode. Use the "embed" option and not the "link". You display the desired picture in a program like Paint, then copy-paste the picture into the pp field in Browse mode on the proper record (so long as you do not make it read-only).

Sue Sloan
XpertSS.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back