Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picture Slide show

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcusick

Programmer
Dec 26, 2006
US
I will say that i have learned a lot and am starting to use CSS much more now and getting rid of almost all of my table layouts.

I'm still learning but getting there, thanks everyone.

That being said, i'm trying to setup a page for pictures. Does anyone have a slick way of doing a CSS slideshow/picture show where you just put the pictures into a folder and the page pulls the pictures out... i created a picture page on my website using the css but i had to put a line in for each picture and I have 48 pictures in there.. that one worked but that was a huge amount of work. Does anyone know of a way to make the page pull pictures directly from a folder on the website?

The picture page i created (using code i found on line from Stupid Web Tricks) is at
Thanks
Tom C.

BTW: the only validation errors on most of my pages now are from the advertisements put on there by the webhosting place.

Does anyone know of a way to make the page pull pictures directly from a folder on the website?

You mean from a folder on the server? This can't be done with plain CSS and HTML, you need a server side code like Coldfusion or ASP to access the folder and grab the images to display.

What server side code are you using? If any at all.

Do a google search of CSS photo gallery, there are like a million out there. I can't do the search now, but will do one for you later tonight if you haven't found any by then.

What about silverlight. I loves it.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

You might be interested in a flash-based slideshow. In which case, I would recommend it's not free but it is fairly cheap.

Alternatively, see the following threads for ideas of different products people recommend for galleries/slideshows (bear in mind that some are specific to the PHP server-side language):
thread434-1407453
thread434-1361135

Hope this helps!

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back