Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picture on Status Bar???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benj

Programmer
Nov 30, 1999
GB
Visit site
In relation to the previous query, is it possible to alter the logo in the status bar to a more apt icon.<br><br>(Im sure Ive seen it in a book where they changed it to a cherry, but then again maybe I dreamt it!)<br><br>I can get the text thing going in the status bar no problem, but this would be the ultimate in cool, and a real techy feature on any web-site.<br><br> <p>Ben Smith<br><a href=mailto:Ben.Smith@nswl-tr.nwest.nhs.uk>Ben.Smith@nswl-tr.nwest.nhs.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

In the status bar? No can do. But you might be thinking of the URL Window, where it's possible to change the icon (you'll see different icons at various sites, including Sun, Wired, Yahoo!, GeoCities, EMC, and a whole bunch of others (I'm not sure if those sites still have it, you'll have to check). As to getting a picture in the URL Window? I'm not sure how it's done, I think it might be a server thing though (as opposed to an individual page thing). Best of luck... <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back