Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picture not moving right

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkGeekness

Technical User
Jan 20, 2003
US
On my site, I have a picture that I want to move all of the way to the right of the table. For some reason, the picture isn't moving all of the way right. This is probably just a stupid error, but I can't figure it out! The picture is in the header, it starts the right column. The picture is called top_right.jpg.

Thanks

I'm sure someone will chastise me for not insisting that the whole page be rewritten using CSS, but in the meantime I believe that in the line:
Code:
<td valign=&quot;top&quot;><div align=&quot;center&quot;>Layout coming along, as you can see.</div></td>
you should be able to just add
Code:
 width=&quot;100%&quot;
to the td tag, as in:
[tt]
<td valign=&quot;top&quot; width=&quot;100%&quot;>
[/tt]

Thanks for your reply, although that is not what I am looking for. I am not worried about the table with the text &quot;layout coming along, as you can see&quot;. I am worried about the header. The top right image is not moving all of the way right.

Thanks

Ah, sorry. I'm not seeing any problem in IE6. (It's a total mess in NS 4.7, but I'm sure you're not trying to support that so it's not an issue.)

No problem, it is more of a resolution problem than anything. On 1024x768 it looks fine, but on every resolution higher it looks like the picture at Thanks for your help though. What way would your recommend doing the header that I have? A picture of the top part of the layout is at
Thanks

The problem is that the table is using absolute location... not so much in the table tage, but in each cell tag. Which means that it is off the page for anyone not running at a highenough screen resolution, AND have the window maximized. My suggestion would be to either change your navigation to a vertial bar, or use smaller images for links, and make the cell beteen *% and the one on the right the size of the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back