Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picture Lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliseFreedman

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
GB
Hi All

I am working on developing a quiz in excel for our workforce. The quiz consists of around 80 possible questions with associated multiple choice answers. Each time the quiz is taken a different set of 10 questions will be chosen. A few of those questions have associated signs. The signs obviously only need to be displayed if the selected question has a sign associated with it. For now I have used NamedRanges and indexmatch to select the appropriate signs. My problem is that where there is no sign associated for the question, I want the picture linked to the signs to be hidden. I was originally trying a rectangle to hide it when a cell flag was set to No but it meant that the worksheet ran very slowly. I have also tried a blank sign but the issue with that is that the border still stays there (have tried setting the border to white but that doesn't seem to work).

Does anyone have any suggestions.

This is my formula

=INDEX(Sheet3!$Q$2:$Q$90,MATCH(Sheet3!$T$2,Sheet3!$P$2:$P$90,0))

Hi,

I was originally trying a rectangle to hide it when a cell flag was set to No but it meant that the worksheet ran very slowly.

Please post the code associated with this.

For now I have used NamedRanges and indexmatch to select the appropriate signs.
[Tt] =INDEX(Sheet3!$Q$2:$Q$90,MATCH(Sheet3!$T$2,Sheet3!$P$2:$P$90,0))[/tt]

Where are the named ranges? I'd expect to see something like...
[Tt] =INDEX(PixLnkx,MATCH(SelectedPicName,picNames,0))[/tt]

But, then I don't know anything about your workbook structure or the process.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back