Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

picture link doesn't work on clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisTielen

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
BE
I've made an ActiveX document, made packages for it, and made an html-page with the activex. All this is stored on a server, and the clients have access to it. But in the activeX, I have a few pictures whose links points to the hd of the server where these pics are stored. When I run the page on the server, it works perfectly, but on the clients it doesn't. The computer looks on the local hd of the clients for the pics, while they are stored on the server. How can I solve this problem? Maybe with an ASP-page? Any tips?

PS Sorry for my bad english

I haven't done anywork in ASP but my mdb solution may work here with tweaking to suit.

I store the path to the files in my database. On setting up on the client machine I edit the path to point at my picture folder on the server.

I use a lookup recordset function to assign the path to the picture source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back