Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

picture is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalSamurai

Technical User
Mar 27, 2003
CA
I am building a website and have this problem reocurring: a picture, which shows up in DW's (MX) preview, will not show up in IE online.

This is the page where the problem lies. The missing pic is the rightmost box on the top row:

Cheers,
Gene

Weird,
when my buddy uses his comp, he can see the pic. I can't.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Gene

Are you using IE6 as it has rendering issues? I could see the pic.

Digga

Sharing Knowledge Saves Valuable Time!

Looks ok on IE6 from here.

one tip though take the space out of your folder "IE page"

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Hi Cheech,

Sorry for being so thick in the head. I don't understand your comment "take the space out of your folder "IE page"." What is the space?

Also, my buddy has the exact same version of Internet Explorer and can see the missing picture, but I can't. Any idea as to why that is happeneing?

Cheers and thanks
Gene

folder and file names should not have any spaces in them.

Rename "IE Page" to "IE_Page" or "IEPage" you get the idea?

Your "restaurant thumbnail.jpg" should also be renamed as "restaurant-thumbnail.jpg" which follows the naming convention of your other images. Change them and let me know if you still have the same problems.

Remember to upload all files and the image when it has been renamed.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Some (most?) web servers don't play nicely with spaces in file/path names. You shouldn't use them.

If you've tried and tried and you still can't see the photo, you might try getting rid of your cache thru the IE Tools>Internet options>Temporary Internet Files on the General tab. Click on delete files.

I had to do this once when I just COULD NOT get a page to reload after a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back