Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

picture in report when printed is too large...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy_crw

Programmer
Jul 23, 2020
PH
Hi everyone... Im trying to figure out what is wrong with the report, i have put a logo at upper left corner of my report, when preview it shows the logo as formatted, but when it is printed, the logo becomes so big at the right part of the page.... Please help... Thanks and God bless

Hi Mandy,

May be Picasso designed the logo - it is known that he never took care of any frames.

However, if it wasn't Picasso, you may check the properties of the picture : in the report designer right-click on it, select properties then general and check/modify the settings

Screenshot_2023-07-29_093626_k4nufr.png

hth

MarK

Hi mj... I tried experimenting with all the properties of the picture... but still its too large when printing or even in PDF format... but when i print in dot matrix printers, it prints ok.... Please help.. thanks and God bless...

Mandy_crw said:
Hi mj... I tried experimenting with all the properties of the picture... but still its too large when printing or even in PDF format... but when i print in dot matrix printers, it prints ok.... Please help.. thanks and God bless...

A few questions...

- VFP version and SP?
- OS version?
- DPI Scaling Level (text size - 100%, 125%, 125%)?
- Image horizontal and vertical resolution?
- Display horizontal and vertical resolution?

MartinaJ

mJindrova

Mandy,

I've seen a similar problem, where the text in a report gets printed much too large. It happens when the scaling (in the display properties within Windows) is set to more than 100%. The solution is to execute this code near the top of your main program:

Code:
DECLARE INTEGER SetProcessDPIAware IN WIN32API
SetProcessDPIAware()

However, that applies to text. As far as I know, it doesn't affect pictures in any way. Still, it might be worth a moment of your time to try this code. But if it doesn't help, then be sure to remove it, because it might cause unwanted side effects.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Hi Mandy,

In addition to all the above questions.

Mandy said:
but still its too large when printing or even in PDF format... but when i print in dot matrix printers, it prints ok

Did you check your print driver?

How did you create your PDF file since VFP is NOT capable to output into PDF-format

hth

MarK

Hmm,

Mandy said:

virtual PDF printer driver. But what?

mJindrova

Hi Mike thanks for the suggested answer.... i will try if it will work... Thanks again...

Hi mjcmkrsr... yes i tried checking all the drivers, unfortunately it still the problem persist... but in the dot matrix printer it works fine... and in the printing of pdf, i use miscrosoft pdf print....

Hi everyone... i think i found the solution.... i've change the picture format, from .PNG to .jpg and it worked like charm!!! Thanks everyone... God bless....

Good to hear that, Mandy. I must say I am surprised. I can't think of any reason for it to work with a JPG but not a PNG. But it's good that you got it working. Thanks for letting us know.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Mike Lewis said:
Good to hear that, Mandy. I must say I am surprised. I can't think of any reason for it to work with a JPG but not a PNG. But it's good that you got it working. Thanks for letting us know.

IMHO, changing format changes DPI.

But because OP did not reply other questions and don't upload source png file so we're just guessing...

mJindrova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back