Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picture Box - Drop Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElijahBaley

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2001
GB
Is it possible to create a drop-shadow effect on a picture box?

Thanks for any help,

..EB

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"

"Captain A.J. Rimmer, Space Adventurer!"

Quark doesn't do drop shadows out of the box, unfortunately. There are third party XTensions that do it, for example:

If you don't need a soft edge, check the scripts that came with Quark. On Mac OS it's under the AppleScript menu > Box Tools > Drop Shadows... Enter a vertical and horizontal offset, then set the trapping to overprint.

In theory, this should give a reasonable effect. In practice, you won't see the overprinting on screen: you'll just see a gray box. I can't say how it will print, but I tried making PDFs and it only worked if I output separations, not as a composite file, even with Overprint Preview in Acrobat. Maybe you'll have better luck...

Hmmn, I resorted to just placing a grey box slightly offset behind my image.

I have seen quite a few posts complaining about a lack of standard features in Quark.. shouldn't need to buy extra extensions for this sort of thing.. tsk tsk

..EB

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"

"Captain A.J. Rimmer, Space Adventurer!"

Quark do have some NEW standard extenstions in the pipeline...so watch the download area of their website for 'exciting' new news....Zzzzzzz....lol....

BD

If sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...what is the highest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back