Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pics will not appear with using copy/paste in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbaby80

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
US
When I right click on a picture on the internet and select copy then go to paste it in Word, it "acts" like it has done it but the picture doesn't appear. Sometimes there is an outline though.
Any suggestions?

Use Paste Special, and choose Device Independent Bitmap.

Gerry

Don't you right click on picture and Save Picture As...rather than Copy?

js,
From Word's help:

[li]You may have turned on the Picture placeholders view option. When a document contains pictures, turning on this option improves scrolling speed by displaying outlines instead of the pictures. To display the pictures, click Options on the Tools menu, click the View tab, and then clear the Picture placeholders check box.[/li]
[li]The graphic you want to see may be a drawing object — such as a text box, an AutoShape, clip art, or WordArt. Drawing objects are not visible in normal view. To view, draw, and modify drawing objects, you must be working in print layout view, Web layout view, or print preview.[/li]

Hope this helps [cheers]
Larry

rocksandbroncs@yahoo.com
You laugh at me because I am different. I laugh at you because you're all the same. - Vicki Imbornoni [ponder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back