Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pickup Park etc???? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmail

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
I have a customer whom has all 6 button sets. I have run out of buttons, and they aren't liking the *378N# for pickup/park. I have programmed a call pickup button on all the phones, which does what? Is it like magix? I want to be able to pick up a night bell from this button, by pressing it then 555 which is the night bell, but also, be able to pickup a call on hold on someones extension? Anyone have any ideas, short of pressing a boat load of feature codes? Don't have any buttons left.

I have a customer with a similiar issue. Here's what I did. Create a user named "park" or whatever. I used extension 70 for (Avaya recommends using minimum 2-digit extensions or you could have problems). Then I created the following short codes:

SC: #10
Tel: 700
Feature: Parkcall

SC: *10
Tel: 700
Feature: Parkcall

To park the call, you press transfer + #10. You can then pickup the call from any phone by pressing *10. That way, the customer only needs to know they have a call parked on 10 and they would know to press *10 to pick it up.

I created #10/*10, #11/*11 (with 701), #12/*12 (with 702), and #13/*13 (with 703). It works pretty well.

For the *10 shortcode I believe the feature you meant to list was Ridecall.

Note that Ridecall is to answer calls that are parked (think of a bus station Park & Ride - cute eh?), and pickup is to answer calls that are ringing.... so you can't just setup a #9 call pickup shortcode to get magix type functionality, sadly.

Peter

Thanks Telecomboy, I will use this, but is there a way to use it with the existing programming I have done on all 80 plus phones with the Park Call Feature? I have all phones programmed with a Park button with no telephone number. Can they press park then #10, #11, #12? Then *10, *11 *12 from any phone?

Under button programming, You can put 700 (using my example above) in the number field for the Park feature. Then when you are talking on a call, you can press the Park Button, it will park it on 700 on that button. It will then flash on everyone's phone who has a Park 700 button. At that point, you can press the button twice from any phone to pick it up (once will show you the number of caller who is parked, twice actually picks the caller up).

Thanks Peter, I did mean Ridecall for *10.

Is there any way to have the call park using a shortcode and without having to press Transfer before the shortcode.

I have one Polycom conference phone that does not have the transfer button but I can use the shortcodes.

Any ideas?

Press the recall button on the polycom to hold the call then use the short code to park it

If the poly come does not have a recal button you are out of luck (unless the usere get realy good at manualy flashing the hook switch)

For the Polycom Soundstation Premier that I use I think I can use the Flash button.

I still have to test it for Park.

Thanks IPGuru. I shall get back with the results.

Sorry, magix person moving to better things. So there is no way to program 5 park zones (like magix 881 - 889 i believe) on teh operator console and then just have a pickup button on the user phone where they just press pickup and then the park zone?

Not complaining that much, i just know of one location in our company where they will lynch me for such a simple change.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back