Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pickup group configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauty1982

Programmer
May 29, 2008
MX
Hi folks!

I have a doubt, how can I create a pickup group? I know every extension or DN can be asigned to a group thru RNPG parameter, but is that all? or should I need to configure something else in the LD 18?

Can you post a configuration? please

Thanks in advance for all your help

Regards

When you make a phone TN's RNPG = "some number", that is the point that a Pickup Group has been created.

From then on, whenever you use that RNPG number again, phones become members of that Pickup Group.

To answer your question - yes, that is all, there is nothing else to configure.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Don't forget while programing your phone to use PUA in the CLS.

no, ld 18 doesn't do rnpg's.. but you can go to 81 and lst then at the feat prompt pua, the switch ask which group..

btw ... cls pua gpua

i list my rnpg's to make sure techs are not moving users from one building to another and leaving them in the same pick up group... basic rule of thumb.. unless you can here it ring.. pick up is not an option..

bad thing is when you hear a phone ring you need to answer.. press pick and get a call for another dept.. not only do you have a call you didn't want.. the one you were waiting for just went to mail (again)

if your in a group with 40 phones, you press pick, you get the one that rang 1st...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks a lot folks!

You were a light in my way.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back