Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

picklefish What up with my fonts? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

3HANDS

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
CA
picklefish What's up with my fonts?

I'm using Quark 6.0 and prior to printing I am alerted that my fonts are corrupt (stone Sans in paticular), I move the same document to Quark 5 on System 9 and Presto! no Problem.
I then tried using the same font in Illustrator and this works. I'm confused is this a OS X, Quark 6.0 or Suitcase problem?

is this a OS X, Quark 6.0 or Suitcase problem

yes

In order of likeliness...

Quark problem: are you running Quark 6.1a?

Suitcase problem: no idea here - I use FontReserve. If Illustrator in OSX works with this font then the problem is definitely Quark's

OSX problem: not likely. OSX handles fonts better than previous operating systems. You should not be losing functionality.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

3hands,

you should spend more time working and less trying to figure out computer issues.

As for the fonts we all know it is going to get worse better better.

Fly like an Eagle! ;)

OSx is much more sensitive to "corrupt" fonts than any previous OS the only real solution is to replace the offending font with an "virgin" copy from the original font disk you purchased . . . you do have the original disk for that font you bought seven or eight years ago don't you????? Suitcase XI has a font scanning utility that will seek out and find corrupt fonts and fix them if it can or flag them if it can't fix them . . . its under the tools pull down menu . . .good luck

Being a film house of course we purchased ALL of our fonts.....?!!? Although the Problem occurs when I have customer supplied fonts, are you suggesting that my customers fonts are not legit???! Is there an earlier warning that I can get before going down a winding road to a deadline? Suitcase does not always flag them. When or how do the fonts become corrupt? Is suitcase the best for finding corrupt fonts? One last question and I'll stop whinning, is there a possibility that OSx will correct this problem, seeing as system 9 rarley had this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Just curious 3HANDS... were you ever able to determine what specific version of Quark you are using? I am working with someone else with a similar problem and wanted to know if this was resolved when you updated to 6.1 and then to 6.1a.

One last question and I'll stop whinning, is there a possibility that OSx will correct this problem, seeing as system 9 rarley had this problem?
Is the corrupt font error message being produced in Quark, your printer driver, Acrobat Distiller, or your RIP? Based on what you have described, the error occurs in Quark 6 on OSX but everything seems fine in Quark 5 on OS9. You should also be wondering if there is a possibility that Quark will correct this problem. Without knowing your true version of Quark (6.0, 6.1, 6.1a) we can't really understand your situation.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back