Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picking Ticket & Demodata???

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomes1

Technical User
May 12, 2005
US
I have a question,,we are creating a custom app and we are going to be using the crystal picking ticket that was bunbeled
with macola 7.6. Now when I run the report from my desktop it runs fine but when my developer runs it from his development machine he gets multiple errors,,,I think he is using a copy of our database for development purposes. Now my question is why does the report reference demodata and not my live database which is data_100 obviously ecause it was designed that way but then why does it work for me and why would it reference demodata in subreports but then call the correct database tables in details on the main report,,,I've noticed this design or behavior in booking and posssibly some other reports and I know demodata is just a test platform for the initial implementation or thats what I thought it was????

Several questions back for ya.

I assume that you are wanting to use one of the ICR's for this.

1. You say it is running for you but not the developer. Is it running for you through Macola or are you running this as a stand alone report from your machine.

2. Has the developer modified the report to change the data source for the report? Macola ICR's are configured at runtime to use the ISOLVE drivers for the particular database that you are using in Macola.

I suspect that one of the many subreports is by default pointed to the demo data and needs to be changed.

I would suggest that the developer copy the ICR and modify it to use an ODBC connection other than the ISOLVE driver and then integrate it to his application.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back