Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

picking descriptions of multiple value parameters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystalboy1

Programmer
Sep 4, 2007
GB
hello All,

I got a report (container report) which got 4 sub-reports. All the 4 subreports extracts data through Tsql Stored Procedures. in the paramters field, i got 1 which i can seelect multiples values for.
i select multiple values paratmer in the container report, do a formula to using join and join them all in 1 line.
so if it becomes like '4,5,6,7,8,9,10'..
then in my stored procedures i break them again on each comma.
now the problem is, each of the above value got a description, in the container report header i want to show that what values the report run for. but i want to so the actual description not the value of the paratmer....
i tried join(select parameters case 1:A ....)
but it dont work. say the array must have a subscription. any idea how to fix this

Add a subreport in you report header section which contains teh description table for your field, add a paramter which is linked to your main report paramter and this will restrict the records just the paramters you selected.

In the subreport that adds all of teh descriptions to an array e.g.

Shared StringVar Array Desc;

Redim Preserve Desc[Ubound(Desc) + 1];
Desc[Ubound(Desc)] := {table.field};

Desc[1]

then in your main report create a furmule to create yiur description string e.g.

Shared StringVar Array Desc;

Join(Desc, ', ')

remember teh suberport will need to be in a sction above where you are displaying teh results.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back