Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pic Control, Slider, Picture Array, Something Different? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdunfey

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
GB
Folks,

I currently have a combo with a set list of values, e.g.

Panda
Lion
Flamingo
Bear

But I want make it less windows like. I'm thinking something like the menu bar on a mac, where you slide across it and it warps?! So say I have a pic of each animal, I was thinking of using a slider to change the pic displayed in a picture box, the user could slide through all the animals. I have a specific problem concerning this, how do i store pictures in an array?

But Im really after other ideas? I want to keep it relatively simple but looking quite different to a combo or other common control? Any other cool controls out there? I noticed a spin control this morning?

Any ideas appreciated,

Rob

In an idle afternoon and merely to learn how they worked I discovered you can do amusing things with the ImageList and ListView controls - and the MSDN Library help was sufficiently lucid to make it all work - ( for a change ! )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back