Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Physical setup for smart UPS 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnaserver

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
MY
hi everyone, i'm still new in UPS, currently, i was assigned to monitor our UPS (power failure) through network and sms. Let say I'm using Smart UPS 700 connceted to network switch (CISCO) or server (PC A). We have network interface card install in our UPS. We have one LAN connection ready. . I need to monitor UPS status from my PC (PC B) from other building. I have one powerchute CD rom. What are the ummary of steps i should i do in order i able to monitor the status of our UPS which connected to (server) PC A?

thank you in advance..

You can monitor the actual UPS by logging onto it via the web ( if you want the UPS to alert you to events you can set it up to send email or SNMP traps or log to a Syslog server.

You can install PCNS on both PC's and that would control the actual shutdown in the event of a power failure, it does not alert you to a problem ( although you could set it up to run a command file and net send to PC B if you really wanted to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back