Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Physical file size limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkS2000

Programmer
May 12, 2005
GB
Hi there,

I've been posted to a project that's using eGate 4.5.2 (Monk). The bit I'm working on requires taking a multi-record data file as input, then outputting the records into a database in XML format.

Is there a physical limit, or is there a recommended maximum file size that should not be exceeded when picking up the data file?

The size of the project, and the anticipated volume of data, mean that file sizes could reach several MB in size (each record is 250 bytes large!) Plus there are plans to do an initial data load from source (which could result in a single input file as large as 100MB).

If anyone has come across any problems associated with this kind of thing, a response would be much appreciated.

many thanks,

Mark

I posted in another thread something similar. I set up a file eWay to read in from a file over 450,000 HL7 transactions. The file was large, but not quite 100 MB. eGate tore through them like a champ. I don't think the size of the file should matter.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back