Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

physical disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

femendez

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2002
MX
Hi:

I'm have a HDS 9910 storage subsystem, after use emulation 3 for HP-UX. We decide change it for emulation 8.

Performance is good, and solve some problems for "ghost" disks.

But, after add 8 devices, we can't add another one.

When I run the command's ioscan -fnC and fcmsutil /dev/fcms the list of devices show all disks assigned to the Fiber Channel.

What I need to do for kernel or some other helpful tip.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand you correctly:
you added some disks
you can see them with ioscan
you didn't create special files for them.
If it's correct you should reboot the machine or run
insf -e.

Regards,
mewa

Hi MEWA:

Sorry if my message is not clear.

We purchase 1.5 TB in HDS 9910 storage subsystem. At the begining, the emulation for fiber channel was 03.

After some test, we decide change 03 emulation for 08 emulation. Supported by HDS.

Rigth now, we only see 7 file systems. But, we can see all disk's assigned at fiber channel. When we are using 03 emulation don't have such problem.

The problem is not the hardware, it is working fine. (I'm hope)

But, the operating system can't see more than 8 file systems. What we can do to solve it??

We need change kernel parameters in order to fix the problem.

Check the Max. No. of Logical Volumes setting for the volume group that the file system resides in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back