Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Physical device to disconnect modem? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoobiedoo

Technical User
Jul 4, 2009
GB
We used to be able to remotely carry out any changes on our 90 PABXs via modem from our Nokia communicators via its terminal software but that no longer works over mobile connections. IP connectivity is not an option. When we are out of the office, we use teamviewer to remotely control a Windows PC which runs Procomm to dial in as required. I'd like to ensure that any modem connection is terminated after 5 minutes or so, to ensure that the line is released in the event of a software error. Are there any physical devices that can be set to drop a modem line after x minutes?

Check out Sandman.com. I couldn't find exactly what you were looking for, but those guys make just about anything. I'd give them a call. They're pretty awesome.

HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4, Xpressions, Contact Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back