Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Physical database not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easler

Programmer
Jan 11, 2002
US
I have a VB 6.0 application with an Access 97 database that calls a Crystal 8.5 report. On 5 out of 35 machines, I get this message when trying to print this report. I found FAQ 149-4202 but it did not make too much sense to me. I tried to email the author but got no response. Any ideas?

You are missing one of the crystal reports dlls on those machines. You need to check the crystal decisions list- it should be the dll that handles connecting to the database- and see what those machines don't have installed.

I got the message due to the fact that the table (temp table created on the fly) that I'm pointing the Crystal Report to (through VB Code) did not have all the fields referenced by the report . . . total misunderstanding between programmer and report writer ...

Just my 2c worth...

I was standing in the park, wondering why frisbees got bigger as they came closer... then it hit me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back