Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHPTriad too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techhead100k

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
US
I was about to install phptriad, but I saw it was last updated in feb 2002. Is phptraid still a good choice to install or would it be better to get the latest mysql, php, and apache server?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Charlie

Latest stable releases of each should provide you better functionality, documentation and assistance here :)

See also foxserv.net

These all-in-one packages are falling off as the makers of the original components (apache, php, mysql) have developed better (easier to use) installers. It may be worthwhile to simply install the individual packages. It is a good learning experience. Each package comes with plenty of documentation.

- - picklefish - -

Yes, that is kinda what I was thinking and needed this confirmation; thank you all very much for your advice.

Charlie

PHPTriad just installs apache, mysql and all the modules you need (ie php, cgi/ perl ) etc. YOU can update them if you like. To get you going.

Just download the components you need at their respective sites (ie mysql.com php.net etc) and follow their install instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back