Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHPmyadmin setup on OS/X

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalpencil

Programmer
Apr 8, 2001
GB
Hi,
I'm interested in using MYSQL/PHP with Flash.
I've scoured the web in search of info on how to go about this but most tutorials on the subject i've found so far assume your using a remote server and just inform you to setup tables using your PHPmyadmin etc.
As i'm wanting to just test things locally on my own machine, I was hoping someone could provide some insight on how I setup PHPmyadmin to control MYSQL.
As I mentioned, i'm running OS/X with apache and have MYSQL server up and running according to my system pane but am not sure how to actually access it or how to setup phpmyadmin to do this so I can begin creating a database.

I'm not sure whether this is really the correct forum for this question but if anyone has any advice or know where I can find some info on how to go about this I'd be really grateful.

Thanks,
Dave

just download phpmyadmin and put the files somewhere under your web root.

edit the config.inc.php file in the phpmysql directory to hold the hostname and relevant userid and pwd. the hostname will most probably be localhost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back