Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHPMyAdmin dump correct syntax ( I am in trouble!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabernet

Technical User
Feb 24, 2003
PK
Hello
I cannot remember and do not find example on how correctly write in PHPMyAdmin the following
I need to perform a mysqldump from a given table (that is the one presently selected in PHPMyAdmin; so I think the table name does not need to be again typed in the query)

<<
mysqldump WHERE 'sectionID=4';
>>
obviously it does not work

I need to get that dump from my archives for I made the wrong move earlier with active files- not the brightest move! -

I don't believe that you can selectively dump a table. You can dump the whole table and take the output text file offline and grep for the matches you require.

You could potentially do a &quot;select into&quot; for the fields from your current table and store them in a temp table. You could then dump that temp table which would only have the records you wanted....

Surfinbox.com Business Internet Services - National Dialup, DSL, T-1 and more.

Good point yes I may dump the whole thing in a temp
and filter it out
that will presently help me

however I looked in the PHP manual and yes with dump one may add as option a &quot;where clause&quot;
still the question is how to write it correctly

thanks

I was trying to use mysqldump within a query originated from within PHPMyAdmin
as per the PHP manual (not the PHPmyAdmin manual)
it is ok to use a where clause with mysqldump

I tried a few ways of writing the query but none worked

the reason is fortuantely I have an archive but
(my mistake when I did set it) the archives do archive

everything so I need to get my data selectively from
archive where sectionID=...
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back