Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phpmyadmin blank white screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

techhead100k

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
US
I setup all the entries (url, host server, user, password, db). I got a path error msg for the index.php file about a "libraries" folder and two files in that folder. So I created the folder "libraries" and placed the two files into that folder. The following is from the index.php file:

/**
* Gets core libraries and defines some variables
*/
require('./libraries/grab_globals.lib.php');
require('./libraries/common.lib.php');

Now that I have the path for the above created under the " and the two files in there, no more error messages, but all I get is a blank screen.

Has anyone seen this problem? According to the instructions, I should be getting two frames showing the db and some information.

Charlie

I've installaed Phpmyadmin 2.4 release with no problems.
Download it from sourceforge.
Tar -zxvf it into your document root.
Setup your config.inc.php

Point your browser.

Actually when you untar the file it create a libraries directory, the problem could be this, if you have created one, without all the requirerd files.

These are all the files into my libraries dir:
[capecchi@myhost libraries]$ ls
auth db_config.lib.php functions.js mysql_wrappers.lib.php sqlvalidator.class.php
bookmark.lib.php dbg get_foreign.lib.php ob.lib.php sqlvalidator.lib.php
build_dump.lib.php db_table_exists.lib.php grab_globals.lib.php relation.lib.php string.lib.php
charset_conversion.lib.php defines.lib.php indexes.js select_lang.lib.php tbl_change.js
common.lib.php defines_php.lib.php ip_allow_deny.lib.php server_privileges.js url_generating.lib.php
config_import.lib.php display_tbl.lib.php kanji-encoding.lib.php sqlparser.data.php xpath
CVS fpdf left.js sqlparser.lib.php zip.lib.php

Perhaps the fast thing it to reinstall all.

Hope this can help

Turned out to the zip program wasn't including sub folders. By using a different unzip route in the cutezip program, all the files unzipped properly and it is up and running.

Thank you for the reply

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back