Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phpmailer Received Date... Can You Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott3

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
CA
I am migrating emails from an email client that cannot be imported into Oulook so I am trying to write a script that will resend all the emails but change the received date to the original received date from the header.

I can currently change one of the received dates but this is only good for the sent date as when I test it in outlook express the email's received date shows as the current date and the sent date is the date I change to.

I bottom line of what I am attempting to do is resend a whole mess of emails and have the original received dates be there so that the clients don't have hundreds of email in there inbox that are the same date.

Any ideas? I this possible??

CES

The received headers are placed there by the receiving MTA, you can't change it with the sending MUA. You'd have to modify the dates after it was received by the remote server.

That's what I was begining to think. Thank you for your reply!

CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back