Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP with MSSQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

oohoohoohooh

Programmer
Apr 30, 2005
GB
Hi, I followed the following tutorial to setup IIS with MS SQL Server DE. I also installed the web data administrator fine. Finally I removed the ; before extension=php_mssql.dll in the PHP config file.

Until now everything seems to be working fine but my problem lies with connecting to the database. What is the servername parameter you pass in mssql_connect? Also what is the username and password? I managed to add a database ok using the web data administrator but when I clicked create new user (in the users section of my database) it only gave me the option to put the username which I thought was strange but I entered the username and clicked submit but it returned an asp error.

I'd appreciate if someone could help. Thanks

The servername parameter is either the IP address of the server or a IP-resolvable name.

The username and password you will have to create on the server. If you are having problems administrating MSSQL, you should post those questions in the appropriate forum.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

The host string to connect is [server host],[port] e.g.,

$Link = mssql_connect( "<server>,1433", $Username, $Password );

If you're running Windows 2000, you'll need this file "ntwdblib.dll" in your extension directory. You can get that DLL from Enterprise Manager that comes with MSSQL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back