Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP or Javascript Question?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamrox

Programmer
Sep 27, 2001
US
Ok. Not sure where this belongs, so hopefully someone will assist.

I have 3 dropdown lists on a webpage. All 3 are populated via php to a mysql database.

I'd like to have the 2 drops DISABLED Or even invisible unless a certain item is selected from dropdown #1. How do I do this?

Example. If Item B is selected from drop #1, then Drop #2 would appear and you could make a selection from it.

If Item D was selected from drop #1, then drop #3 would appear and you could make a selection.

End result, all 3 drops would pass their value on Submit.

Enough info? Thanks for the help.

I just posted a new thread with a subject of "Passing data on multi-page form in same window". Check the code in my "Page1.htm" on that post - I think it does what you are looking for.

...one more thing - the "disableRoles" function on my post causes it to pass only the values from the drop-down that was selected, so you wouldn't want to use that for your code.

Thank you...looks like i can work with that code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back