Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP on my webserver, do I have to have it installed on my computer too 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremey

Programmer
Mar 31, 2002
US
I cannot connect to the database on my webserver for nothing. Do I have to have PHP installed on my computer for it to work, I've been trying for weeks and can't seem to get it to work. Very aggrivating.

I forgot to say I am using Classichosting for my site. Hope somebody can help.

if the question is "Do i have to have PHP installed in my computer?" the answer is "No.".

If you want to know my advise is simple, "you should have the same version of PHP as you have in the hosting and the same database as you have in the hosting. This way you can do all the work in your computer and only after the work is finished you send everything to the hosting and then is everything ok.
Anikin
Hugo Alexandre Dias
Web-Programmer
anikin_jedi@hotmail.com

Hi Jeremy,

Anikin is right you don't HAVE to have it on your PC but it sure as heck makes life easier.
You save a lot of time uploading. Once you have it working on your pc, then just uplad it. The only thing you may have to change is the user,password.

If you are using php, MySQL, Apache. Go here They have a FREE bundled version you can download to your PC.
Very easy to install!!
I've been using it for months and it's great.

That phpdev4 is wicked Regards

Big Bad Dave

logo.gif

davidbyng@hotmail.com

Thanks guys, the problem was they didn't have the password right. I explained what was going on to them for awhile, writing emails back and forth. I guess they made me out to be an idiot. Well, they realized the mistake was theirs and fixed it. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back