Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

php on iis question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmontalto

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2010
US
I have what is probably a very basic question for anyone who knows php server matters. I am using a software called PhpRunner to develop a php application to enter data in an sql database. I have one field in particular (that I have noticed so far)... that will not display. the data type is nvarchar(max)... so I contacted phprunner support and they told me to upload the application to their demo server and the darn thing displays perfect. -- the only additional factor is that I noticed that when I exported the package to phprunner for testing (which by the way, obviously exports out the info to create the database tables and some data) is that it seems that the test info only has about 1 thousand of the databases records rather that the full 8000 that are in it... can anyone tell me if there is a server setting that I can look at here?... maybe a particular line in the web.config?

My webserver is running php on IIS on server 2012.... could this be a factor?

thanks in advance for the help

I've seen your post move from forum to forum. Kinda tough when this does apply to several technologies.

Without knowing anything about your code, first thing I'd check is the PHP version. In IIS for each site you can set the PHP version. Another thing to check is the PHP extensions, which are DLLs. In IIS extensions and PHP version are easily set with the PHP Manager. If you don't have PHP Manager then I recommend you install Web Platform Installer then install PHP from there since it will add some IIS-specific things that make PHP in IIS a bit easier.

Next, do you mean SQL Server or MySQL? In either case, is there a difference from your DB release version on the site that doesn't work and the one that does?

Stabs in the dark.

Dave [idea]
[]

I am using SQL Server 2008... I did install my version of php from the web platform installer, but I do not seem to have any php manager tool on the server,... so not sure how to configure..... in the process of googling for that answer now.....

cancel that last response.... am installing the manager and upgrading my ver to PHP 7.0 x64.... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back