Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP news feed..HowTO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xWastedMindx

Technical User
Sep 3, 2002
US
Hey there, I'm back again..

I'm trying to set up a Slashdot news feed within a column on my site, and I cant figure out how to incorporate it into the table structure using whatever code I'm suppose to.

I can view the PHP file by itself by linking directly to it from the URL, but I'd like to only link to the file and have it displayed in a small column in my site.

Would I use an IFRAME, and link to the Slashdot PHP file and display it through the IFRAME?

Or is there a way I can just diplay the PHP file using <link> maybe? or something similar.

If any of you know how to do this, which way is easiest? Which would require less hassle to set up?

Slepnir, not necessarily since its asking how to include a php code into an existing page.

He has two ways of doing it,

Throug PHP and html.

WizyWyg:

This question only mentions PHP in passing. You could replace the word &quot;PHP&quot; with the word &quot;perl&quot; or &quot;VBScript&quot; and it would be the same question.

Thus, it is not a question about PHP. Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!

And being a smart ass without offering an answer would have save the guy some time in posting the same question twice.
Instead of assuming that he is ONLY going to use HTML, offer an answer with PHP,

Right off, he has a php file. This is a php forum. anything to do with PHP can be asked here, even if it involves some html.

You could have said that he could make an include reference in a PHP page to bring in the newsfeed.

This forum exists to answer questions about PHP. How to get it, install it, configure it, program it.

This forum does not exist to answer any question in which the string &quot;PHP&quot; just happens to appear. This particular question is an HTML design question, regardless of the method by which part of the content is generated.
Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!

Hello,
I am trying to have multiple links on my right column module. I would like to be able to click on any one of these links to have the corresponding url open inside the Iframe.

I can not figure out the code to put in the right column to reference the page, the Ilink and to have it display text to click on it.

example
Right Column

click here to open in the Iframe

Main page

opens in the IFrame

Thanks in advance -
Happy Holidays
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor