Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP MyAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2003
CA
Hello All,

I'm new to MySQL and PHP MyAdmin. I installed an apache server on my machine and got the MySQL running easily but now I can't seem to get PHP MyAdmin to work. The error message I got was:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_get_client_info() in ./libraries/common.lib.php on line 306

I'm not quite sure what to do because I assumed when I downloaded this package it would have everything I need. Can you tell me how to fix this error or where to get a complete version of PHP MyAdmin? Thanks in advance for any help.

Is the config file for PHPMyAdmin tweaked for your system?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

I'm not sure if it has PHP support turned on. I believed it does though because at first i had an old version of PHP MyAdmin and that worked

I made the changes to the config file that it told me to make

Can you do this? Create a new file, and put it in the phpMyAdmin directory. Call it info.php

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Put that in the file and save it in the directory I mentioned above. Then run it like you are running phpMyAdmin. Then search for mysql, and copy and paste the output of that there if you would.

----------------------------
I am Comptia A+ Certified

Yo alexkeel.
Have had a similar problem albeit with IIS. The PHP install configures IIS and MySQL server automatically. Not sure if it will work on Apache but on IIS it worked when I installed PHP AFTER installing IIS and MySQL. The error only occurred when I installed MySQL after PHP ( all under windows 2k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back